Case Study: In-depth analysis of market competition
A client wanted an in-depth analysis of one of its main competitors, operating in four of its key markets. A key focus was brand portfolio and innovation strategy.
Iridium integrated several data sets (including retail audit and product launch tracking) to produce brand portfolio and NPD insights, including:
- The shape of the brand portfolio by price point and sales
- Which brands and variants have been the main winners for the company (and losers)?
- Which new product launches have been the most successful and how much value have they added?
Using the insights driven from the data analysis, the client was able to:
- Understand the likely investment priorities across the competitor brand portfolio, at a local level
- Build scenarios of possible next moves, and develop a set of responses
- Use these outputs to help drive decision-making for annual and strategic business planning